Dr Lee Boon Chye , Parti Keadilan Rakyat vice president and Gopeng member of parliament hails the call for “unity and cooperation transcending party boundaries and political ideologies” by HRH Yang Di Pertuan Agung during the royal address in the opening of the Third Session of the Twelve Parliament on 15th March 2010.
He urged the Prime Minister Dato Seri Najib Tun Razak to heed the call for the benefit of the nation, so that the government of the day at national and state levels can pull all the resources at focus on addressing the economic and social issues at hand.
To show that the Prime Minister is sincere and serious in “unity and cooperation transcending party boundaries and political ideologies”, he should implement immediately the following 5 measures:
1. Stop immediately the relentless media attack and smear campaign against Pakatan Rakyat leaders especially Dato Seri Anwar Ibrahim(opposition leader), Tok Guru Nik Aziz (Kelantan MB) and Lim Guan Eng(Penang CM).
2. Accord fair treatment to all Pakatan Rakyat states of Selangor, Pulau Pinang, Kelantan and Kedah, including returning the oil royalty to the states of Kelantan and Trengganu.
3. Stop discriminating opposition Member of parliament by granting equal access to development allocation for the benefit of the people.
4. Stop all the politically motivated intimidation against Pakatan Rakyat leaders by the police force and MACC.
5. Respecting the principle of democracy and returning the power to the people by resolving the Perak State Legislative Assembly.
These 5 measures could be the starting point for bi-partisan cooperation for the long term benefit of the nation.